Starshots Glamour Photograph Pty Limited and its Related Entities ("Starshots") understands that privacy is important to its clients. Please be assured that Starshots uses its best efforts to protect the privacy of visitors to this website and the privacy of its clients to who it provides photographic services.
1. What personal information does Starshots collect and why?
Starshots collects personal information from its clients and from potential clients, contractors, employees, franchisees and people we do business with.
Starshots needs personal information:
- to provide its clients with personalised makeover photographic services
- to notify its competition entrants of the winners and runners up from the competitions they have entered
- to conduct our business (e.g. to administer accounts, arrange session times and to communicate with our clients, franchisees and business contacts).
To illustrate, the personal information we collect about our clients include:
- Identification Information, including each client's name, address, contact details (including telephone numbers and email address), and date of birth.
We need this personal information to provide photographic services, and this is collected from booking forms, and when clients attend a session and communicate with us through our website.
We also collect:
- Business Contact Information from and about our suppliers and other people we do business with (e.g. our landlords). This information is needed so that we can manage our business;
2. How does Starshots use personal information?
As indicated, we use personal information to provide photography services, to manage and administer studios database and to operate our business.
For example, we will use your personal information to communicate with you, arrange your session time, including answering any enquires you may have.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we may also use clients' and potential clients' personal information to mail out special promotions, newsletters and other marketing material.
For instance, Starshots studios may mail its’ clients information about its’ own promotions, or those offered by our business partners or franchisees. If you don't want us to do this, we give you an opportunity to "opt out" from receiving such material on our session form. However, you can opt out at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer (see details at section 9 below).
3. Does Starshots share my personal information with anyone else?
Starshots will disclose your personal information in a few different ways.
Like most businesses, sometimes we outsource or "contract out" specific support services from time to time and this may mean that our contractors see your personal information. For instance, sometimes we may engage IT contractors to maintain our databases. All our contractors are subject to strict confidentiality obligations, which mean that they are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by us.
We will disclose personal information if we are under a legal requirement to do so (e.g. under a court order, or if required under legislation), or if an authorised request is made from a law enforcement agency.
Otherwise, we will only disclose personal information with the consent of the relevant individuals. For example, if you are a client, with your consent (and only with your consent): Of course, all our employees are required to keep your personal information confidential also; and
- we may disclose personal information to our business partners, (franchisees) so that they can contact you directly with special offers, discounts or other client benefits.
4. How can I access my Personal Information?
Privacy laws give you rights to seek access to the personal information we hold about you.
You can seek access by contacting the studio where you had your photo shoot or by writing to our Privacy Officer (see contact details at section 9 below). Generally, we should be able to provide you with access within a month of your request, although we may need more time if your request is complicated. Ordinarily, Starshots will not charge you for the cost of providing access to your personal information. However, if we do propose to charge you, we will advise you of the relevant charge before we provide you with access.
We try to ensure that all the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to help us with this. If you wish to update or correct the personal information we hold about you, please contact your studio, or by writing to our Privacy Officer. We will contact you if there is any issue about amending the record of personal information we hold about you.
If you wish to discuss our method of providing access or correction to personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer with your query.
5. Is my Personal Information kept secure?
Starshots takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We remind our staff and contractors of the importance of storing personal information in a secure way, and to treat it like confidential information.
It is not possible to become a client of Starshots without first providing the personal information that is requested in our booking form and in subsequent questionnaire's we may use to determine the best result for your photo shoot.
We may be able to answer telephone questions without collecting personal information about you, but if you would like to undergo a photo shoot, we need your personal information.
7. Website/online privacy
Generally, Starshots will handle personal information collected online consistently with the way that it handles personal information collected offline. Other matters specific to Starshots’ handling of personal information online are set out below.
When you visit our website, we will not collect any personal information unless you chose to provide it to us (e.g. by sending us emails through our website or by entering one of our competitions). However, we may collect certain data that does not identify you (sometimes called "web log information") when you visit certain pages, such as the type of browser and operating system you have. We may also use "cookies" which are small files that are stored on your computer and that manage the security and navigation process of the site. You can choose to block these cookies but some portions of the site may not function correctly if you do. This type of data is collected for statistical purposes only, and while cookies will identify your computer, they are unlikely to identify you personally.
b) Email/SMS marketing
We will not email or SMS you marketing material unless you have consented to this. This is a requirement of the Spam Act 2003. Further, you can unsubscribe from our e-newsletter or other bulletins by using the "unsubscribe" facility contained in each electronic publication we send.
c) Site security policy
Our website uses up-to-date technology to maximise the security of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as perfectly secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you transmit such information at your own risk.
Once we have received data information you transmit to us, we implement reasonable measures to protect the security of the information in our own systems including restricting physical access to your personal information and using firewalls and secure databases.
8. Photographic images
Our website includes photographic images of clients and other persons. All photographs taken at Starshots studios may be used for the purpose of illustration, advertising or publication on our website, and other forms of advertising and publicity. Images published on our website can be copied and used by other web users and therefore Starshots has no control over the subsequent use and disclosure of these photographic images. Starshots owns the copyright in any photographs taken of clients and other persons at Starshots studios.
9. Contact details and other information
- by letter: Privacy Officer, Starshots Head Office, PO box 626, Darlinghurst, NSW, 1300
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Website access conditions
The conditions on which access to the web site is permitted are as follows:
* We take all reasonable care to ensure that the materials and information on this web site are accurate and complete.
* All liability is excluded in respect of any loss or damage which may arise in connection with the use of or reliance upon any materials and information appearing on this web site.
* Links from this site to any other website are provided for convenience only, and do not imply affiliation with or endorsement by Starshots. Starshots is not responsible for the content of external web sites that link to this site or which are linked from this web site.
* Copyright in the pages forming this web site belongs to Starshots, unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved.